• 6-20 oysters opened (retain bottom shells)
• 150g butter, cubed
• 300g spinach
• A handful of watercress – leaves only
• 1 stick celery, peeled and finely diced
• 3 shallots, peeled and finely diced
• 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 tablespoon fresh breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the grill. Have the butter
at room temperature.
2. Blanch the spinach in a pan of boiling
salted water for 30 seconds, drain well
under cold running water and squeeze
out as much water as possible.
3. Put the butter, blanched spinach and all
the other ingredients except the oysters
into a blender and whiz until smooth.
4. Spread over the oysters in their shells
and put under a very hot grill, until a crust
forms. The oysters underneath will warm
through rather than cook.
5. If you like, you can spray some Pernod over the Oysters before serving.