|Medium sized onion (finely chopped)||1|
|Salt and pepper|
- Cover the smoked haddock (skin side down) with milk and fish stock in a pot. Bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes, turning once.
- Take the haddock from the pan and remove the skin and any bones.
- Break the fish up into flakes, put it back in the stock and add the chopped onion, bay leaf, some salt and pepper. Simmer for another ten minutes.
- Strain the liquid and remove the bay leaf.
- Bring the stock back to the boil. Add enough mashed potato to create the consistency you prefer. Add the flaked fish.
- Check the seasoning just before serving.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley on top, accompanied by triangles of toast.