- 24 oysters
- ½ glass dry champagne
- 140ml double cream
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp chopped tarragon
- 1tbsp chopped parsley
- 2tbsp white breadcrumbs
- 230g raw spinach
- 60g butter
- Salt & pepper
- Open the oysters and collect the juices.
- Add the champagne to the oyster
juice and strain through a fine sieve
into a saucepan.
- Reduce by half over heat.
- Add the double cream and reduce
by half again.
- Take off the heat and whisk in the egg
yolk and mustard.
- Add the tarragon and parsley
- Meanwhile cook the spinach in the butter and season with salt and pepper and nutmeg, strain off excess liquid
- Put a bed of spinach into 4 gratin dishes
- Cover with sauce, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and colour under the grill until golden brown.